About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Technical Accounting. Through research and analysis, critical thinking, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for our company. The Technical Accounting team reports to the Corporate Controller.
As a Senior Accountant on the Technical Accounting team, you will be responsible for researching technical accounting issues, the accounting related to our Hedging Programs, assisting with the quarterly earnings press release process, and providing guidance and support to business partners across all Gap Inc. brands (Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta). You will also be responsible for providing training and thought leadership on new accounting pronouncements and driving their implementation across the company.
What you'll do
- Resonsible for providing technical accounting guidance and support to finance teams across all Gap brands:
- Proactively communicate with business partners across all brands to ensure technical accounting issues are identified and resolved.
- Draft memos to document technical accounting analysis and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements and collaborate with business partners to drive their company-wide implementation.
- Research and review disclosure requirements related to technical accounting issues and SEC requirements.
- Participate in special projects related to signficant transactions and other financial reporting matters as needed, specifically Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2023
- Assist in developing streamlined processes and serve as a liaison with business partners outside of the Corporate Controller’s Group to promote teamwork and collaboration across the organization.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process
- 3+ years of experience preferred; public accounting background required
- Action-oriented with ability to think creatively on a global scale
- Self-starter with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Positive attitude and dependable team player
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle and/or Essbase is a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs