About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Director of Ecommerce Operations leads an interdisciplinary team of producers and program managers, overseeing all browse and buy-path experience evolutions, new vendors, omni-channel initiatives, promotional codes, and operational requirements for our ecommerce platform. This leader will partner with our central support teams to monitor and triage critical site issues and activities impacting the business. Additionally, this leader is responsible for providing executive-level project management for enterprise-level digital initiatives on the web and app. The Director utilizes technology, tools and operational knowledge to successfully implement projects that drive ecommerce growth, along with advocating for technical and platform changes to improve the customer experience. S/he will develop program plans, resource assessments and organizational/budgetary recommendations to successfully support the team. S/he will work cross-functionally and cross-channel to maintain resource efficiency and increase operational effectiveness, enforcing all pertinent program and ecommerce milestones. Last, the Director leads a team of managers and individual contributors, investing heavily in their career growth and talent development within the brand and company.
What you'll do
- Works directly with Sr. Director of Global Ecommerce Operations, cross-functional Directors and Old Navy Online leadership for all ecommerce and operational business activities. Identifies critical milestones for initiative success. At every stage in a project life-cycle, understands and articulates organizational impact on business teams and resources.
- Consistently communicates out to senior management status and risk to program health, workflow and budgetesource implications.
- Assesses impact of technical changes to the ecommerce experience; makes decisions based on resource capacity, customer experience and business analytics.
- Acts as escalation support to operations team on high-priority site or promo execution issues; high-sighting and communicating with team leads on root cause
- Leads large x-functional working groups and production support on high visibility digital projects; ability to work with technical and non-technical partners to work to execute site vision
- Thinks globally about the total business and how to best support organizational priorities and growth.
- Conducts regular analyses and assessments of the Old Navy Online operations team members and advocates for responsible organizational change and staffing as needed.
- Builds cross-functional alignment in successfully launching new ways of working and through progressive operational improvements for the organization.
- Hind-sights (formally and informally) the effectiveness of a program or customer experience while grounding decisions in key business and customer data.
- Responsible for setting direction and goals across direct reports to meet ongoing business and technology objectives.
- Acts as a key thought leader and partner with our Director, Content Production in building roadmaps for functional and cross-functional teams.
- Directly oversees a team of 3 manager-level employees on the ecommerce operations team. Acts as career coach and mentor to all operations team members (7 in total).
- Builds strong partnerships with central technology teams, UX, Digital Merchandising, Strategy, Marketing, Company Planning and business teams across channels and markets.
- Works with Ecommerce Operations leadership team on budgeting, resource planning and initiative documentation.
Who you are
- Provides clear direction and supportive management to team members
- Conducts weekly and monthly TB’s to foster open communication around progress, feedback and expectations.
- Develops direct reports to achieve next-level career growth
- 5+ years digital program and project management experience
- 5+ years managing large-scale digital and technical projects
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to connect workflow with business goals Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs