Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Gap’s Marketing Effectiveness team is a new team that will provide strategic and analytical support to Gap Leadership focused on optimizing Marketing spend, inclusive of discounted promotions and rewards. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Effectiveness, the Manager will be responsible for analyzing current Omni Gap Specialty business trends, performing ROI analysis on marketing activity, and providing promotional event recaps to support Leadership business decisions. This position partners with key cross-functional leaders within Marketing, Finance, Store Operations, and Inventory Management. A Sr. Analyst focusing on Specialty Online will report into the Manager position.
What you'll do
- Lead analysis for media and promotional campaigns to assist in financial goal-setting for Omni Gap Specialty business. Partner with Marketing team to provide analysis of past and future promotional offers and events. Partner with Company Planning teams to land forecasts that maximize sales and margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to Executive Leadership Teams.
- Manage Marketing strategies by providing decision support for future Marketing investments.
- Partner with Media team to analyze and effectively utilize 3rd party data.
- Report on effectiveness of marketing vehicles and promotional offers to Marketing business partners, Finance partners, and Global Leadership team.
- Provide ROI analysis of media and promotional investments.
- Summarize performance by vehicle and event, maintaining comprehensive recap of event incrementality across all vehicles.
- Provide Marketing teams with reporting to guide Marketing investments and promotional activity that drives traffic and sales.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. 5+ years of work experience, preferably with inventory management or retail planning and forecasting experience. 1-3 years of experience supervising others.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear business recommendations
- Emphasis on interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead influential conversations with executive management and to articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with tight deadlines
- Exceptional written, listening, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to create and deliver presentations with clarity and impact.
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Essbase and NOVA experience a plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs