About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Portfolio Operations and Governance Support Analyst. This is a critical role accountable to support the delivery of all tasks impacting and enabling our Technical Program Managers (TPM), Portfolio Management, Resourcing Planning, Finance, Technical Managers/Engineering, InfoSec and Enterprise teams across Customer Experience, Product to Market, Stores, Business Intelligence, and TechOps. This position will be responsible for forecasts and time management of project resources (people, cloud, and 3rd party), ensuring accurate and timely forecast maintenance based on guidance from the TPM, Portfolio Management, Resourcing Planning, Finance, and Engineering teams. Additionally, is responsible for recapping and analysis for a sub-division of the enterprise portfolio, in order to inform ongoing project assessments and future opportunities, drive efficiencies and improvements across project and resource management. The Portfolio Operations and Governance Support Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of TPM Governance, Operations, and Support (GOS).
- You will be responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the capital and operating expense forecasts for the portfolio investment as well as baseline time management of engineering teams. This includes tracking and reporting Program/Portfolio changes in Gap systems and tools.
- Monitors and tracks project team activities and deliverables. Skilled in matrix management. Responsible for financial forecast and management of POs and Invoices.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to leadership and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- In partnership with TPM, Technical Managers/Engineering, and Tech Strategy and Operations, you will ensure that the financial forecast accurately reflects delivery expectations, while providing visibility to financial changes and surfacing risks in a timely manner.
- You will also work in partnership with Portfolio Management, Resource Planning, and Finance to manage and adjust forecasts based on actualized variance and help ensure accurate and reliable forecasting of projects and KTLO across labor, purchase orders, and cloud consumption.
- With guidance from Portfolio Management, you will establish and implement standard processes and procedures across the TPM organization to ensure consistent forecasting and tracking
- Directly and through management delegation to Portfolio Operations and Governance Support Analysts, you will complete tasks such as but not limited to: Preparation, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance of the project and Business Capability Milestones (BCM) in Clarity, Management of forecast vs actuals for all components of the financial forecast, such as labor, Cloud Consumption, Software, and Hardware fees, Support the PO process and reconciling, assign resources hours based on TPM/Technical Manager direction, placeholder creation/maintenance, KTLO forecasting, Portfolio financial analysis, weekly financial reporting and reconciliation and provide support for tracking and reporting programs through software delivery lifecycle. You will work directly with TPMs and Director TPM who oversee the sub-division of the portfolio you are assigned to.
Who you are
- 4-5 years portfolio financial analyst or project management experience. Experience managing financials for a large number of programs or a portfolio of projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working in software development industries.
- Experience delivering or providing financial oversight for both package and custom-developed software.
- Current industry knowledge of PMO practices. Ideally with professional qualification in Project, Program Management.
- Agile Knowledge is a must. Any CSM. CSPO Certfication is a Plus.
- Must have high proficiency with Excel; Advanced Excel and Macro automation is a Plus
- Must have experience working with software such as Clarity or any Program Project Management tool, Power BI. Smart Sheet and SharePoint.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs