About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our talent is the heart of our culture at Gap Inc., and the Senior Project Manager of Talent Management Initiative and Integration is responsible for overseeing critical Talent Management projects, from concept-to-launch timelines and all supporting processes, resources and communication. They will work directly with/for the VP of Talent Management, organizing project scope, project flow, key stakeholder management and the integration of interdependencies across multiple workstreams. This role is highly cross-functional – they will collaborate and work with a variety of teams within HR ( generalists, talent development, talent acquisition and talent rewards) to drive cross functional work. Exceptional communication, organization, ability to manage complexity and systems thinking is required in this role.
What you'll do
- Create and oversee strategy and timelines for key talent management projects and align all project milestones, keeping projects on track and on time.
- Identify, design, and implement processes, systems, and tools to support and align program roadmaps concept-to-launch, incorporating milestones across departments, to ensure all projects are supported to proceed smoothly and efficiently.
- Build strong relationships to collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders and partners across HR to ensure processes and timelines are aligned and effectively communicated.
- Intentional stakeholder management, identify areas of connection to seek out partnership.
- Implement centralization of information via project management systems and organizational best practices to ensure all projects are tracked, information is centralized and easily assessible by key stakeholders.
- Identify areas of process improvement, support planning and implementation of new solutions designed to increase value and improve performance and efficiency.
- Manage annual talent management calendar and budget in collaboration with VP Talent Management.
Who you are
- You possess exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Strong ability to convey complex, nuanced information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- You are a flexible thinker and resourceful, able to innovate with a solution-oriented focus, you adapt and solve problems as they arise.
- You have a knack for managing complexity, effectively identifying, breaking down and managing difficult situations and work responsibilities.
- You are adaptable, able to maintain effectiveness and thrive when experiencing changed in work scope, structures, process and roadmap ahead.
- You have a strong bias for action, balanced with strong analytical skills. Able to see things from a 30,000-foot and dive in and be hands-on.
- You have experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple layered projects simultaneously.
- You have deep knowledge of project management systems, theory and best practices. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiarity with other key applications a plus: inDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
- Expert at PowerPoint and can translate information succinctly for project teams and executive summaries
- You have 5-7+ years of experience in project management and/or operations strategy and experience in or passion for the HR/ Talent Management space is a plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs