About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will be a critical part of managing and supporting employee benefits strategy, plan design, administration, compliance and communication of Benefits programs. You will help ensure that programs are market competitive and add value for employees and the company. You will engage with internal business partners (HR, Finance, others) to understand the priorities of the business, and apply those priorities with internal and external business partners on delivery of programs and initiatives that support talent attraction and retention.
What you'll do
- Develop, implement, and administer benefits programs, including health and other insurance programs, retirement plans, time away programs and other supportive benefits
- Execute all benefits processes including plan renewals, benefits open enrollment, new plan implementations, annual filings and other compliance activities, etc.
- Consult with HR on effectiveness of programs and make appropriate recommendations for changes that allow us to do the right thing for our teams
- Stay current on trends in benefits programs within employer marketplace and industry peers as well as legislative activities that impact employee benefits policies
- Effectively communicate with various audiences about benefits programs to show value of programs and help employees maximize their benefits opportunities
- Collaborate and lead others in key initiatives and their implementation
- Responsible for planning, budget and end results; set policies and strategic direction for area/team
Who you are
- 15+ years experience within Benefits function at large global organizations. Global benefits experience preferred.
- Enjoys problem solving and finding creative solutions
- Understand that teams are stronger than individuals. You like people, love building teams and have the skills to to succeed through influence and partnerships
- Like to solve multiple complex problems with and without others, sometimes happening concurrently
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to the audience in front of you whether it’s a consultative style, executive presence, or down to the details, to one person, or a big room
- Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of IT capabilities with HRMS desirable
- Experience working with external vendors who provide co-sourced or outsourced benefits administration services
- Thorough knowledge of ERISA and other laws governing employee and retirement benefits; strong understanding of PPACA and experience with state and local mandates
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs