About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Franchise Merchandising Director will own and oversee the merchandise strategies for the Banana Republic Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role will be accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the execution of Franchise Market, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. Initiatives include regional assortment strategies, developing lineplans, managing the development of franchise exclusives and analyzing the business to deliver product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights.
Position will be based in SF HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Banana Republic Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Account Management, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Partner directly with Global Banana Republic Merchandising and Design to influence and protect franchise specific product needs while remaining aligned with brand direction and keeping assortment focused
- Actively participate as the voice of franchise in milestone meetings to ensure critical paths and calendars are met, partnering with both Global Merchandsing, Production and Product Strategy
- Own planning and execution of franchise market week by partnering with both Global & Franchise teams across Merchanidising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, and Account Management to offer compelling Market experience
- Develop long term strategies to drive growth by analyzing sales performance of businesses, by category and by region, to meet cutomer needs and maximize sales
- Own retail pricing architecture and strategies and work closely with Global Merchandising to ensure these are effectively delivered to meet franchisee needs
- Manage franchise product-related communication with cross-functional business partners as appropriate
- Devleop, mentor and train direct reports through: review of process, timely goal setting, weekly touch bases and quarterly check-ins and identify and provide additional training as needed
Who you are
- Demonstrate a strong point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Ability to problem solve independently, with ability to adapt to diverse audiences and environments
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint) with aptitude for learning new programs
- 5+ years of retail/wholesale merchandising experience
- 1 – 3 years of management experience preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs