About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Assistant Digital Merchandiser provides support in creating and executing end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies to hit divisional and ONOL plans. Support the divisional site merchandising strategies, that alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
What you'll do
Support and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
Support the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
Support in-season management of department/class level plan including ongoing assessments and updates.
Execute category pricing strategies that align with the financials plans
Support seasonal hindsight strategies used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Execute to strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Execute to vision of product experience on the site.
- Support customer experience across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
Who you are
- BA or BS Preferred
- 1-2 years’ work experience, preferably in merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Excellent time management and execution of assigned tasks. Displays curiosity and ask questions to better understand how to improve business results. Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Acquires new knowledge, and embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; supports self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Provide support when requested. Ask questions. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Positively interacts with others
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs