About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of the Women’s Active Lifestyle product line.
- Fully responsible for managing staff in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, and fit.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates staff.
- Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to design staff.
- In conjunction with Product Development management, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
- Fully responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement through subordinate staff members.
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s) during presentation.
- Ensures consistency of look between differing businesses (e.g., adult/kid, accessory/apparel, active/mainline).
Who you are
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- 7-10 years of design experience.
- Minimum 4 years of management experience
- Extensive Technical Performance knowledge
- Excellent leadership/management skills
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with managerial issues
- BA in Fashion Design or Equivalent
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs