About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Job Participate in the conceptual development of product lines. Responsible for researching domestic markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc. Assist in ensuring that products are consistent with market trends as well as business strategy. Responsible for “specing” a new design. Responsible for details on design of products. Coordinate the sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis. Increase involvement in sample fits and line edits. Assist in fabric development. Create BOMs. Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design integrity, and that design packages are complete and accurate. Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Fashion Design, Apparel or related field and 4 years of experience in job offered or related field.
Who you are
Experience and/or education must include:
1. Stitch Development;
2. Microsoft Illustrator;
3. PLM Systems for sharing technical information with vendors;
4. Experience working with merchants; and
5. Adobe Photoshop
6. Ability to hand sketch
7. Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
8. Strong design and conceptual skills
Job Location: 55 Thomas Street, New York, NY, 10013, USA
Requisition No.: 357212
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs