INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
Employees are our greatest strength and the customer is our primary focus. As an INTERMIX Store Manager you are the ultimate ambassador of our brand. You are responsible for leading your store and are in a unique position to develop and coach your staff, expand your customer base and influence the business.
Leading your team strategically with a vision to achieve a transformative client centric environment, financial and operational goals and model the INTERMIX culture.
This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational, and leadership excellence with an authentic approach.
- Leads by consistently championing INTERMIX’s purpose and strategy and by motivating and inspiring the team
- Sets clear goals and expectations for the team with consistent performance feedback to monitor results
Manage overall team performance & growth: Recognize contribution of others and celebrate success; Manage and monitor team morale & talent retention; Provide clear feedback and regular coaching; Foster team’s ongoing growth & development through both training & on-the-job learning; Manage performance, handle issues & resolve conflict in a calm, objective & fact-based manner
- Empower ASM’s to support in decision making process and development of staff
- Manage employee relations issues with appropriate partnerships and guidance
- Communicate clearly with management team to ensure that entire staff is informed and involved
- Practice proactive talent and performance management – including succession planning and development of internal talent
- Proactive recruitment and retention of staff at all levels to reflect market demographics and anticipation of future business needs
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth
- Leads by example and creates an environment and a team that consistently delivers transformational customer experiences.
- Stays engaged with and provides training and coaching to the team to develop and manage a highly productive selling environment
- Take ownership for the customer journey in your store – customize it for your customer demographic & enable your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships and provide an inspiring and personalized shopping experience
- Oversee the development of clientele by designing and supporting strategic initiatives that build customer base and increase repeat business
- Emulate the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude
- Oversee the development of clientele by designing & supporting strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business
- Take ownership for maintaining the INTERMIX aesthetic across all touch points including associate presentation, dress code, visual standards, maintenance and merchandising to create a fully branded environment
- Partner with DM to ensure that the assortment strategy is aligned with the needs of the business
- Ensure the store is merchandised according to visual guidelines and hold team accountable to the standards
- Generate new ideas & apply an entrepreneurial spirit to help build & continuously improve the business
- Contribute to the community in a way that is aligned with INTERMIX’s social responsibility initiatives & that helps us reach new customers & build brand awareness
- Understand and adhere to all operational procedures and ensure the efficient running of store operations.
- Proficient user of all core systems & technologies including but not limited to POS/KWI, i-Pad & Microsoft Word applications
- Ensures the management of expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies and other expenses in a business-focused manner
- Ensures consistent enforcement of our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork
- Manage inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of mark-downs, transfers & consolidations, receiving and POS transactions
- Ensure strong partnership with your DM and other Corporate Partners to ensure alignment & timely two-way communication
- Ensure maintenance of stores physical appearance and cleanliness
- Contribute to successful company growth and securing of our assets through implementation of effective Loss Prevention methods and policy & procedures
Holds self and team accountable for the achievement of financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measureable statistics that drive the business: Conversion, DPT, Email Capture, Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual targets
- Ensure disciplined management of store expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies, etc.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement
- Be proactive in communicating about product buying & allocation according to your local market, customer demographic & business potential
- Analyze, interpret & apply data (both internal measures & external trends) to identify key issues and maximize your business; this includes reporting-out of key information to inform corporate partners
- Run your business with agility, changing direction & continuously improving based on key indicators and lessons learned
Who you are
- Undergraduate degree (business or fashion related discipline a plus)
- 3-5 years of highly successful Store Manager experience
- Successful experience managing both operational & people issues
Benefits at Intermix
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs