INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
As part of the INTERMIX Merchandise Planning Team, the Sr. Merchandise Planner will develop and execute financial merchandise strategies to maximize sales, profit, inventory, and turn objectives. This person will take partnerships with the Merchandise Planning Team and cross-functional partners to provide pre-season plans, manage OTB, and monitor in-season performance to drive opportunities and identify risks to maximize financial objectives.
What you'll do
Develop and recommend class level sales, SKU plans, and inventory plans that align with department objectives and budget
Manage open-to-buy, planning and forecasting processes, planning calendar and development of actionable analysis with main objective of identifying opportunities to drive business from top-line to store level while building, managing and motivating a cohesive planning strategy
Own and communicate business recaps (weekly, monthly, quarterly) with teams to present the financial objectives, action plans, opportunities, learnings and liabilities of the department in order to enable strategic decision making by channel.
Work closely with buying and planning team to initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business across all channels in order to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability. Identify needs of division from a reporting and process perspective to ensure opportunities are identified and actioned upon in a timely manner.
Recommend and execute in-season markdown and pricing strategies which appropriately address aged inventory levels, maximize profitability and increase sell-thru.
Support a team-oriented, innovative, results-oriented environment
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent, 5-7 years vertical retail planning experience required
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable strategy; proficiency in retail math
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to work well on a team, build effective relationships a diverse groups of business partners
- Ability to work independently, strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a strong sense of urgency
Benefits at Intermix
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs