About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc. Technology is the engine driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc.’s five renowned brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and INTERMIX. We’re looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for retail technology. As part of our team, you’ll be exposed to hands-on learning opportunities across all facets of the Gap Inc. Technology organization, working on high-profile, big-impact projects alongside the best technologists and leaders in the industry.
GapTech Information Security is the global information security function for Gap Inc. inclusive of, and across, all Gap Inc. brands. The Cyber Threat Hunter works as a member of Gap Inc. Cyber Defense Center team within the Information Security Organization (InfoSec) reporting to Sr Manager Cyber Defense Center and will be responsible for Threat Hunting, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Threat use case development, and Incident Response.
What you'll do
- Identify and track threat actor groups their techniques, tools, and procedures (TTP) while maintaining current knowledge of tools and best practices of Advanced Persistent Threats (APT).
- Participate in Hunt missions using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data, and results of brainstorming sessions to detect and eradicate threats
- Create new detection developing advanced queries to detect threats and respond to Red team assessments providing logic to improve detection
- Experience using large data sets to conduct research, discover relationships and correlate threat data from various sources including passive total, open-source repositories, threat intelligence, and malware repositories
- Use the MITRE ATT&CK framework to analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate the effectiveness of security technologies
- Provide expert analytic investigative support for critical security incidents
- Create security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale.
Who you are
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Cyber Threat Hunting, Cyber Threat Intelligence and Information Security Incident Response
- Deep Understanding of common Attack Vectors DDoS attacks, Phishing, Web Attacks, and Malware
- Strong experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence tracking Threat Actor Groups (APT) and experience performing Malware Analysis
- Strong background within Incident Response & Threat Hunting including IOC (Indicators of Compromise) & TTP (Tactics, Techniques & Procedures)
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, AWS) including ability to identify threats in Cloud Environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs