About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The primary focus of the AV Technology and Events Sr. Manager is to manage the transformation of audio/visual technology and support at Gap Inc. globally (US, Europe, Asia) with a primary focus on creating a best-in-class team that optimizes, delivers, and manages: virtual production events, live events and video conferencing for HQ offices. This role will partner with GapTech Employee Enablement and TechOps teams to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology; establish, and deliver best practices for ease of use by our business partners and support the use of technology to enable seamless and successful audio/video collaboration that consistently delights our internal customers.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional A/V leadership and support to Gap Inc. across global locations, ensuring a consistently high level of productivity and customer satisfaction to the business. The ideal candidate will be a proven thought leader in the A/V arena with a strong customer mindset, leadership and communication skills, and experience with supporting the A/V technology for a large, global corporation.
What you'll do
- Be proactive & knowledgeable on relevant technologies and products; and provide an ongoing forward-looking roadmap for our next 2-3 years’ solutions
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for meetings and events for our organization, through the creation and distribution of best practices, procedures, and services
- Be responsible for best-in-class global live (virtual) event production hosted out of the Corporate offices
- Create an atmosphere that fosters high performance and collaboration within the organization and with appropriate suppliers that emphasizes teamwork and accountability while rewarding initiative, innovation, discipline and operational excellence
- Develop strong customer/partner relationships. Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor/partner. Continuously manage customer expectations with regular communications and updates on events, technology strategy, performance concerns.
- Direct and manage suppliers in the provision of technology products and services holding them accountable for high quality outcomes that delight our customers
- Lead, grow, and mentor skilled AV producers, operations and support
Who you are
- BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Management Information Systems or a combination of equivalent education and work experience (8+ years in AV collaboration, events management, and production. 2+ years’ experience in people management.
- Significant experience in evaluation, successful implementation and maintenance of new audiovisual/video/voice/messaging technologies. Zoom and/or Teams Video conference solution experience a plus.
- Excellent communication including executive communications and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work independently & collaboratively in a matrix team environment across multiple functions. Customer success obsessed.
- Strategic thinker and leader, problem solver – able to develop, plan, execute a strategy and anticipate scenarios and potential issues and consequences for each and every event
- Proven ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work and keep stakeholders informed throughout
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, customers and vendors
- Inspiring leader of people, focused on own and direct reports performance and development
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs