For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta’s Company Planning Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting the brand’s planning and forecasting processes for Retail Stores. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability. This role will provide high-level exposure across Athleta and Gap Inc. and will play a critical role in ensuring consistent and constant growth for the brand.
What you'll do
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan, forecast and trend on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Own sales, margin and inventory forecasting for Athleta Stores - Develop tops-down daily, weekly, and monthly sales projections to support the monthly corporate forecast and to influence cross-functional business partners. Clearly articulate the strategies behind the forecast as well as identify risk and opportunities.
- Develop sales and inventory budgets for future seasons. Partner with Inventory Planning, Store Ops, Real Estate, Marketing, and Finance teams to assess and communicate the impact of strategic initiatives during pre-season milestones.
- Develop ad hoc financial models and analysis that clearly quantify the cost / benefit of new business initiatives and changing trends to both the Store channel as well as omni-channel strategies.
- Initiate analyses with a growth mindset to solve problems, create alternatives, and provide recommendations to leadership based on quantitative and objective analysis.
- Create and distribute standardized reporting to cross-functional partners summarizing forecast plans, performance versus forecast, etc.
- Cultivate a fun, positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
Who you are
- BA/BS with emphasis on finance, business and/or economics preferred. MBA preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required. Experience in Company Planning or Inventory Planning preferred.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase, Omniture, NOVA/Microstrategy
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling. Strong technical aptitude, including ability to learn and develop company systems, tools and reporting
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results, able to clearly synthesize complex business performance into straight-forward root cause and recommended action plan, and a curiosity that challenges the status quo, seeking new knowledge and experiences and applying learnings going forward
- Comfortable developing and navigating multiple cross-functional relationships, reaching out to gain insight or data to inform forecast at all levels of the organization. Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- A proven track record of a nimble working style while instilling efficient processes with long term solutions and ability to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs