For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is looking for an entry level Fit Specialist to support the creation and commercialization of premium performance and life style product in inclusive sizing. In this role, you will assist in facilitating the transition of product from initial design and trend concept to a fit approved garment. You will collaborate closely with your manager to support innovation in construction, and appropriate raw materials for both fit and function.
What you'll do
- Attend fit sessions and support the pre and post work involved
- Create supporting documents for fit block developement and standards
- Leverage technical knowledge to support trouble shooting and issue resolution
- Learn to identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Familiarize yourself with the competitive landscape, in product, technology and machinery
- Support creating high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality that enables Athleta to achieve it’s financial goals.
- Manage and track to deadlines
- Support and participate in grading projects, fit model search, overall department needs.
Who you are
- Experience in Patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge, and able to use logic and methods to problem solve
- Believes in the Power of Team; builds constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Passionate consumer advocate who puts the Athleta customer at the forefront of every idea
- Sewing and garment construction skills
- Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes (1x-3x) a bonus
- Strong command of Word, Excel, PPT, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop skills; ability to utilize 2D patternmaking software a plus, and interest in 3D style creation
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs