About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Digital Technical Program Management team supports the ongoing delivery and optimization for the strategy, planning, delivery, and run-state of technology for our Site & Apps; while maintaining a connected understanding, and working relationship with our Brand, GapTech & Product Management partners. This role will be responsible for working directly with our Product teams and vendor partners to deliver and maintain technology solutions on our eCommerce platform. The position will interact with senior leaders in GapTech, the Business and Product Management. The role requires excellent organization, communication, team building, and influence to deliver the required business outcomes.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Digital Technical Program Management. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall financial and milestone status of our eCommerce technology delivery, ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner, ensuring strategies and recommendations for addressing each are provided and result in aligned decisions. You will also interface with senior management in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities. This role will manage and direct other Technical Program Managers within the team.
What you'll do
- Coordinates and collaborates between Product Management and Engineering in the planning and execution of programs
- Facilitates solutions to provide options during the planning phase of major projects involving eCommerce technology to provide delivery and run-state requirements.
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning at initiative level; surface issues and risks; remove blockers & escalate as required
- Communicate business-critical status and lead site and engagement team including regular communications to leadership
- Continued improvement of delivery and management of eCommerce technology & internal team best practices, standards and tools
- Interfaces with senior management in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities
- Build & maintain strong relationships with GapTech Partners (InfoSec, Architects, engineers, L1, L2, Finance, etc…), Sourcing, Legal, PdM and Brands
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in consulting, program management and technology delivery
- Experience managing large programs or a portfolio of projects ($5+ Million annually)
- Experience working with engineering development and ops teams in a DevOps model; Experience working with 3rd party vendors delivering technology solutions
- Experience working in Retail to deliver Customer-facing solutions is a plus
- A creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrix; with proven influencing skills
- A high degree of financial acumen with a proven track record of planning and executing on the financial aspect of deliverables; Demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies
- Strong management presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leaders on technology-related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs