About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsible for the end to end management of Campus Engineering and GROW Incentive plan maintenance and record keeping. Supervises a mixed staff of engineers, labor administrators, and other associates as needed. Leads campus and network initiatives and projects within the Logistics function, with concentration on process improvement material handling projects. Scope of work entails definition of an issue, potential solutions, conception of viable solutions, development of bid documents, participation in the bidding process, and overall responsibility for the implementation. Oversees the management of contracts in regard to these projects and oversight of all contractor activity and relationships. Works with multiple other areas of the company to assure successful project completion.
What you'll do
- Process Improvement and Workplace Productivity- Analyze processes and standards, identify best practices, benchmarks and areas for improvement to balance cost, service and productivity. Own the implementation of proposed changes to improve results. Assess new technology through testing.
- Capacity Analysis- Conduct analyses of current designs; design and propose new layouts. Acts as local project manager and subject matter expert for all material handling modifications and related work.
- Asset Utilization- Maximize asset utilization through the creation and implementation of new procedures and initiatives. Manage the purchasing and maintenance of campus equipment as necessary.
- Operational Budget- Develop appropriate budgets for the Engineering department and facility.
Who you are
- BS in Industrial Engineering or other Technical Fields
- 5 years of Engineering experience, IE preferred
- Experience with time and motion standards systems (MOST)
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean Practices
- Expertise in automated material handling systems
- Knowledge and effective use of CAD software
- Excellent customer focus with the ability distinguish between urgent and important priorities
- Strong team leader with the ability to influence and build working relationships at all levels
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs