Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Assistant Manager of Commercial Planning is a critical part of the promotions team, responsible for ensuring the plan is executed flawlessly for Gap.com and Gap Stores in North America. This person will support the team in maintaining the marketing calendar, keeping a daily pulse on industry news and the competitive landscape, participating in business reviews, and the creation and maintenance of important working documents. The ideal candidate is highly attentive to detail, is tenacious and eager, can work independently, and can maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
What you'll do
- Ownership and maintenance of the Omni Commercial Planning Marketing Calendar
- Weekly, monthly, and ad hoc competitive recapping, collecting data and sharing insights
- Creation, preparation, and maintenance of important team working documents
- Documentation of meeting notes and sending recaps to cross functional partners
- Facilitating the call date process for stores and digital assets
- Providing key data inputs regarding the promotional plan to cross functional teams
- Ad hoc organizational and administrative responsibilities
- Manage cross functional relationships across various teams
- Advocate for the Gap customer through the lens of promotions
- Innovate on promotional constructs through frequent hindsighting
- Help to optimize process and drive efficiencies
Who you are
- Highly responsive and adaptable to meet business needs
- Positive attitude, ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- Tremendous organization and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entry level understanding of retail financial metrics and general business acumen
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft products; experience in online based data analysis tools a plus
- 1-2 years of marketing, merchandising, buying, or business experience preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs