Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-process oriented Producer to be part of the Gap Factory Production team for Gap Online. This role involves close collaboration with the other producers in managing the production and flawless execution of all promotional marketing content on site and email. This includes partnering with cross-functional teams to execute tasks on time and ensuring that scope and schedules are clearly defined. This candidate will be an expert in the tools and end-to-end processes and will advocate for operational effectiveness to drive the customer-facing digital experience. Thinks holistically about the needs of all teams and the brand’s priorities and goals to refine process and procedures. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, excellent collaborator and a self-starter that is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment.
What you'll do
- Responsible for delivering and executing all marketing content for Gap Factory Online promotions flawlessly across Site & Email
- Ensures all projects are launched on time and meet project requirements; keeps management notified of progress and/or deviation from project schedule (deliverables, milestone dates, resources, etc.).
- Collaborates with Marketing and Planning on assessing the Commercial Plan against Production baseline and capabilities.
- Schedules key milestones (briefing, kick-off, reviews, approvals) and ensures activities/deliverables are aligned with the launch schedule.
- Manages changes during the Creative Development portion of the project workflow.
- Owns and updates the Production project tracker with new projects and any incoming changes; reassesses timelines as needed.
- Co-manages a team of three, with a focus on Creative Development (versus Execution) and Email (versus Site).
- Acts as first line of support for cross-functional teams when production issues occur. Works with Tech Operations and Product Management to facilitate resolution and communicates updates to teams.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to learn more about business processes and systems. Uses knowledge to suggest new ideas and change to improve overall efficiency of processes.
- Works with Senior Producer and cross-functional teams to determine most effective processes to deliver the plan
Who you are
- 3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience in retail/ecommerce.
- 1 year of supervisor/management experience.
- Proficiency with organizational programs (OneDrive, SharePoint, SmartSheet, Airtable, CMS).
- Understanding of ecommerce content management processes, including direct experience with site and email tools and technologies.
- Experience in managing and communicating deliverables for multiple projects at any given time.
- Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining business processes.
- Self-motivated, assertive and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting while mindful of time-management and efficiencies.
- Superior ability to multi-task and track many moving parts.
- Ability to influence and coordinate activities among cross-functional and cross-brand teams.
- Thrives and remains poised in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly detailed oriented.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs