About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a member of our central User Experience Team at Gap, Inc., you’ll design for innovation at scale, shaping the way customers engage with our portfolio of global brands. Now more than ever, a great digital experience is required to thrive, and our proprietary digital engine – integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – is core to delivering on our customer-first strategy.
Gap, Inc. is looking for a UX Designer to join our growing Native Mobile Apps team. This team supports five-star apps for both iOS and Android, for all our specialty brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta.
The ideal candidate intimately understands best-in-class iOS design and can work cross-functionally with product management, developers, and our foundational design team to bring our roadmap to life. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced Agile environment, participating in every stage of the design and development process – from research and user flows to exploratory design sprints, prototyping, delivery of high fidelity designs, and iteration with product and engineering through the development process. You have excellent interaction and visual design skills and the ability to clearly communicate your design thinking, leading and influence complex design discussions with partners and leaders.
A resume and portfolio are required upon application to this position. Be prepared to present and speak to previous and relevant work during interviews.
What you'll do
- Research, design and deliver high-fidelity feature and product comps for multiple brands, following and contributing to the established design system.
- Attend daily standups and actively engage in regular meetings with stakeholders to define the solution together.
- Pair side-by-side with Developers to ensure implementation meets the design intent.
- Understand and articulate the business need and the user needs and translating both into an elegant solution that solves for both parties.
- Learn user needs by gathering data and insights (rather than inferring or using personal bias).
- Advocate for the user while understanding where to compromise to meet business goals.
- Articulate design solutions and intentions based on research, usability practices and business values; compellingly justify the validity of an approach; and facilitate productive discussions with a cross-functional focus on meeting user and business goals.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3-5 years of UX Design/Product Design experience, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Expert in App Design and Interaction Design, Strong in Visual Design - able to apply elements from an existing Design System to ensure consistency with a broad suite of applications.
- Expert in Figma for both designing and prototyping.
- Experience working with iOS App/Human Interface Guidelines, including familiarity with iOS enough to understand if what you are designing can be built. More experience hands-on with development is always a plus but not expected to code.
- Demonstrable skills with reviewing implemented work, providing pointed feedback and holding the cross-functional team accountable to delivering the application as designed - ensuring it matches the designs created or where needed engaging in the discussion with the team and UX management on deviations based on input during the development process.
- Experience gathering input from end-users and conducting or participating in usability testing and needs-finding research.
- Detail-oriented with the excellent work-file organization.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs