About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the GAP Tech organization with a focus on Supply Chain Product End to End applications, we’re looking for a Director who will manage software development, implementation, and support efforts across multiple products. This role will closely engage with and manage engineering staff across multiple DevOps teams spread across different regions to support the goals and objectives of the business. The key business partners that will work closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product Manager, Scrum Master, and External teams/vendors in order to balance product architecture and to meet the delivery timeline. As a member of the Product Engineering group, this role will be the driving force behind building products and the delivery of multiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technology platform. You possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills, and the ability to forge strong working relationships that cross organizational lines to aid us in our Dev Ops transition.
What you'll do
- Serves as application SME for the Retail Supply Chain process and applies best practices in the Software and Data Engineering and Analytics field and train others on these practices and standards.
- Partnering is key and complex interactions with Product Managers, Product Architects and Business Customers, Corporate functions, executive steering in Discovery and Explore for defining, analyzing, and estimating the level of effort for delivering customer’s technical requirements.
- Lead external providers in defining technical specifications and development efforts as appropriate.
- Manages setting up teams from scratch with project budget in consideration.
- Demonstrates Software Engineering thought leadership
- Influences across teams and Product Lines
- Creates capacity grows talent, and motivates teams and leaders under his supervision
- Manages work assignments, approval of timesheets for the teams.
- Setup yearly goals for the individuals, conduct regular review/feedback sessions and also conduct yearly performance reviews to complete the appraisal cycle.
- Responsible for the 99.99 uptime of the Products.
Who you are
- Proven Experience in the Design-Implementation-Testing-Support of Analytics, Data Science, and Data Engineering and features that make up the Product/Applications.
- Preferable experience in Retail/Supply Chain systems.
- Manages customer expectations ensuring a balance between meeting business-stated requirements & design/architecture principles in a timely manner.
- Expert proficiency in Java/J2EE, SpringBoot, HBase, Phoenix, Spark, HDInsight, Oozie, Event Queue (RabbitMQ, Kafka), REST/SOAP, TCP/IP protocols, Microsoft Azure, Databricks or other Cloud Technologies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in an Engineering Leadership position, overall 12+ years of work experience, retail experience preferred
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to mentor team members.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs