Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Director of Omni Merchandise Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team on the development of product strategies and leading the creation of the financial strategy including sales, margin and inventory from division to department. The Director ensures that hindsight, assortment framework and financial strategies are built in a way that drive strong business by gathering and assessing data of the market and partnering with the regional teams. The Director is responsible pre-season strategies through to market investment, in-season OTB management, and pricing
Director, Omni Merchandise Planning oversees a division with the below responsibilities:
What you'll do
- Develops the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department.
- Develop, oversee, communicate and partner on division financials and product strategies across channels (for all milestones)
- Oversee development of LRP strategy and financials for divison/multiple departments
- Lead development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
- Oversee alignment and reconciliation of business unit plans (sales, inventory, pricing, product) to division strategies and financials
- Responsible for building the assortment framework inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, and season code (time on offer).
- Proactively guide in-season financial management, including OTB forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals
- Lead and drive ongoing division/depts financial and strategic discussions and take action quickly to maximize financial results, mitigate risks, and positively impact short and long term business results
- Partners with Design, Merchandising and Production for developing into a range that delivers IMU%.
- Partners with global marketing on key investments aligned to big ideas, campaigns and marketing.
- Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy.
- Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals
- Accountable for career development, skill development, and leadership competency of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Cultivate a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment for division and cross-functional teams
Who you are
- Keep Customer Focus in mind when making decisions
- Talent Builder: Ability to hire, train, develop, and motivate direct reports
- Collaboration & Influencing: Ability to build constructive relationships with a broad range of business partners; can present ideas and direction that lead others to action
- Minimum 8+ inventory management experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent required
- Ability to travel
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs