About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Project Manager of Commercial Impact supports the Retail Operations team to create effective communication, tools and resources that maximize product sell through in stores and enable seamless field execution.
This role will interact with a multitude of cross functional and cross channel business partners. The role will manage the integration and communication of pricing and promotional activity to store teams as well as provide feedback to HQ business partners to drive continued improvement. This role partners with the Senior Manager of Promotion and Pricing Execution to influence key business partners across all functions and channels, representing the voice of the field in all interactions.
What you'll do
- Support in-store execution of promotions and marketing events through effective communication and strong partnerships with cross functional partners.
- Propose adjustments to the promotional cadence and communication based on business/competitive landscape along with leadership alignment.
- Support development of standardized processes and tools to support seamless execution of marketing events and promotions, particularly as it relates to cashier execution (i.e. MPC code processes).
- Assess promotional-related marketing collateral to ensure the overall aesthetic and clarity of message meets brand standards.
- Create and implement all store communication associated with promotion and pricing.
- Compile and provide hindsight on promotions and marketing events to positively influence future strategies.
- Understand competitor activity and all in-store opportunities to better collaborate with cross functional business partners and make recommendations for future improvements
Who you are
- Continuous Learning - articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- Innovation - demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and then implement new ideas and solutions with the team
- Customer Impact – identifies opportunities within the store environment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience
- Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals
- Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Self-Accountability – sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
- Problem Solving – articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions
- Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt
- Open to someone in the NY, NJ CT area
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs