About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a Senior Web Developer on the Banana Republic Online team, you develop high quality, accessible, responsive & performant code for marketing content . You will also mentor other team members on coding practices and solving business problems. This is a fast-paced team that works together to build and deliver critical content to the site
We’re looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
What you'll do
- Developer for marketing site content and development.
- Supervision of web developers including coaching and mentoring.
- Manage brand relationship with brand production, marketing and creative teams
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs.
- Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
- Own deliverables of tasks making sure his/her team is on target.
- Proactively define and communicate risks with production and upper-management.
Who you are
- Fluent in HTML/XHTML
- REACT component development a plus
- Fluent in CSS3 to include CSS positioning and table-less layouts
- Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Utilizes strong communication skills to inform production teams of status and to resolve conflict where confusion may arise.
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience
- 5 years (minimum) web site production and programming experience.
- 3 years E-commerce site development.
- 1 year experience leading development team.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs