About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Manager of Labor Systems & Forecasting to successfully manage the Gap Inc crossbrand ecosystem of Labor Workforce Management solutions. In this role, you’ll oversee project managers and be a direct partner to Store Technology Product Mangement team. This position will also lead and manage the rollout, training and evolution of strategic labor programs, tools and initiatives. This Manager will interact with cross brand, cross functional and cross channel business partners to identify opportunities for continuous improvement to systems, operating procedures and tools to drive labor productivity. This role is critical to the success of creating an integrated crossbrand schedule solution including more intelligent forecasting that will improve the accuracy of sales and levers (traffic, transactions, units) with a focus on omni metrics (ship from store, buy on line, order in store and order in store). This role will also support schedule legislation required to ensure that store labor allocation meets all Gap Inc. and localized labor ordinances and regulations, including being a critical business partner of HR Operations. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring accurate and effective labor reporting for HQ and Field partners.
What you'll do
- Represent as a strategic parter for next generation workforce management solution launches
- Drive labor forecasting to improve accuracy and profitability at the store level inclusive of omni metrics
- Accountable for flawless store execution of labor optimization tools and resources
- Support ongoing continuous improvement to drive labor optimization
- Oversee all store communication associated with schedule systems
- Partner with Process Optimization team on Labor Standard inputs and outputs to drive allocation models
- Collaborate with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement
- Analyze and propose solutions, within brand store environment that require system differentiation
- Represents Stores and Store Operations with other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores
- Analyze competitors to enable best in class processes and labor solutions
- Oversee accurate and timely labor reporting for a variety of audiences
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of analytical expertise with a focus in labor management
- Advanced excel skillset (PowerBI a plus)
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data that drives labor optimization
- Ability to understand current scheduling and labor optimization challenges and supports Product Management in solutioning new systems
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to influence crossbrand executives to drive effective scheduling and forecasting solutions to all Gap Inc
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs