About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Product Operations Advanced Analytics and Data Science Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands.
The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities to support product operations at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include: demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, product testing, product attributes, flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
What you'll do
- Build, validate, and maintain Operations Research (OR) and/or AI(Machine Learning (ML) /Deep learning), models
- Provide quantitative research and analysis for identifying new business opportunities
- Provide thought leadership in analytics and modeling
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Provide framework/methodology for measurement and feedback mechanism for models
- Manage analytical projects/initiatives of complex scale
- Provide thought the leadership on methodologies and analytical roadmaps
- Ability to mentor data scientists and interns
- Collaborate within the team and outside the team to solve complex problems and deliver business solutions.
Who you are
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Preferably within demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory or supply chain optimization.
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, statistical, optimization and simulation packages (SQL, Python, Tensorflow, etc)
- Proven experience in areas of optimization, statistics, machine learning, and big data technologies
- Ability to work both at a detail level as well as to summarize findings and extrapolate knowledge to make strong recommendations for change and providing business solutions.
- Experience presenting and developing short and long term visions for solutions that have significant business impact
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs