About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Marketing Operations is a centralized direct marketing function responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of a high volume of customer contacts via email with flawless execution. Specifically, the Manager is both the customer expert translating business needs into segmentation strategies and the operations lead driving email strategy and execution in conjunction with our email service provider. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for file management and evaluation, including identifying new acquisition and retention strategies. This role supports the Sr. Manager/Director in ownership of the day to day relationships and execution of email for Gap Inc.’s brands and businesses.
The ideal candidate for the Manager position will be a subject matter expert in email marketing and campaign processes, have excellent analytical and communication skills, have intellectual curiosity into “why things work” and be a proponent for change as we look to drive our email program forward. The individual should be self-motivated, independent and be able to balance a workload that consists of ongoing, repetitive campaign process development as well as file management, growth initiatives and system improvements.
As the owners of the customer file and segmentation strategies, the team works closely with the individual brand online marketing teams who manage the execution of the creative and messaging. The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, able to understand data and work collaboratively with business partners to identify and implement cutting edge strategies to meet business objectives.
What you'll do
- Lead strategy on email initiatives across Gap Inc and embrace leading change as we evolve our email program
- Deliver high volume of customer campaign files to support financial objectives
- Develop and manage campaign test programs in support of learning and financial objectives
- Develop and optimize campaign functionality and processes as required to support new programs and initiatives
- Work with brand business partners to recommend circulation planning and segmentation for email
- Stay in the forefront of email marketing research and strategies and actively share out with business partners
- Lead day to day operations including ESP campaign team and brand team relationship management
- Manage email data issues and process improvements
- Work with database management team and email service provider on specifications and development of campaign functionality
- Track, analyze, and report results of email file and marketing initiatives and deliverability directly from within email platform – SFMC experience preferred
- Lead file growth evaluation including tracking the ins and outs of the file and identifying new initiatives to acquire and retain customers
- Interface with email technology vendor/partners to adapt products and solutions to improve email program performance
Who you are
- 5-7 years experience in email marketing
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices, including developing automated and lifecycle program, preferably with retail and/or e-commerce
- Experience with segmentation strategies and campaign management systems. Redpoint experience a plus
- Experience with campaign execution from within an email deployment platform. Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects – identifying creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonalelationship building skills
- Experience in project management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Management experience highly desired
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs