Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Licensing is a key role, responsible for managing the licensing division within Strategic Alliances. Seeking an enthusiastic teammate with a proven record of driving strategy and implementing processes. Ability to partner with cross-functional teams across Gap Inc. and manage and external agency for day to day business needs. A person who takes initiatives and drives results. This is an opportunity to join an asset light, new division within Gap Inc. and be a part of building the foundation for licensing from the ground up.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the commercial operations and business strategy for Gap and Banana Republic licensing
- Develop quarterly licensing reports for Gap Inc. executive teams inclusive of financials, products selling information, category opportunities and marketing activations for all licensed categories and partnerships
- Partner with Sr. Director Licensing to assess market opportunities, review commercial terms, relevant territories, liquidation strategies, distribution, margin and understand existing franchise relationships
- Manange master licensing summary & internal Hub comms inclusive of partners, royalites, distribution, legal, trademark, renewals, financials and compliance approvals
- Approve all licensing brand marketing materials and placements, liaise with Gap and Banana Republic brand marketing teams as needed and communicate plans to Franchise teams
- Partner with global sustainability on vendor compliance, trademark and legal teams on contract regarding all licensed product categories
Who you are
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, ability to interface with and influence all levels of management
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a high energy, fast paced, small but mighty business unit
- Sales and analytics experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Drive and implement process to drive effienciecy’s
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs