About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This leader is responsible for helping to establish the initiatives and capabilities Banana Republic Brand needs to compete effectively and to deliver the future growth. This leader will work as a member of the Banana Republic Brand leader team to help establish priorities, capabilities and to ensure the structures to support successful implementation are in place for the leader team. This leader will also ensure the competitive landscape is understood and will help to inform the optimal market positioning. This leader will help to bring together the right customer insights, journey mapping and analytics to vet all strategies and capabilities and ensure they deliver what our customer wants. This Senior Director will be a key leader in strategic change initiatives to drive growth. This leader also works collaboratively with the corporate strategy team to ensure that brand and functional strategies come together to execute. The Sr. Director, of Banana Republic Brand Strategy dual reports to the Banana Republic CFO and Head of Strategy for Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of Banana Republic’s strategy, including overseeing quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis) and leading and partnering with cross-functional business partners
- Lead projects that enable brand growth across all markets and channels
- Work with marketing and merchandising on developing brand and product partnerships with other brands and partners
- Deliver insights and packaging findings into executive-ready content
- Lead strategic projects that support revenue and cost management by:
- Serve as a thought leader and liaison with business partners and across Gap Inc., proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices across brands
- Support business critical strategy projects
Who you are
- 10+ years of strategy consulting and corporate strategy experience with deep knowledge of apparel, retail, customer and digital. Experience with a product company preferred. Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- Demonstrated success in advancing and growing businesses globally
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including business model innovation, operating systems development, large scale cost improvements, and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Experience with progressive and innovative consumer insights efforts
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performing team
- Experience as an Engagement Manager or Case Leader in a major consulting firm
- Seasoned project management skills and passion for production and consumer experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs