About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This leader is responsible for helping to define the future of work and establish the capabilities, processes and approach Gap Inc. needs to compete effectively and to deliver the future growth. This leader will work as a member of the Human Resources leader team to help establish priorities, capabilities and to ensure the structures to support successful implementation are in place for the leader team. A primary role will be helping to define and implement the operating model shift of people and culture practices across the company. This work will require establishing the people practices, tools and processes to make the operating model sustainable and scalable. This leader will also ensure the competitive landscape and evolving practices found across industries are researched, understood and will help to inform the optimal people practices. This leader will help to shape the talent practices working with the HRLT and Senior leader team to define recruitment, learning and development, performance, compensation and succession planning practices are aligned to support the future business strategy. This role is instrumental in defining the transformation to adopting new practices and defining the path to adopting a growth culture. This leader also works across the government affairs and ESG function to align our people practices and community impacts with our Sustainability goals and practices. This leader also works collaboratively with the strategy team across the organizations to ensure that brand and functional strategies come together to execute. The Sr. Director, of People and Culture Strategy dual reports to the Head of Global Talent Management and Head of Strategy for Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Develops People and Culture strategies across Human Resource LT to support business strategy.
- Develop and define operating model transformation plan and implementation. Measure and support senior HR leaders on progress and opportunities to make the transformation successful; owns program management of the transformation of the human resource practices and function
- Develops and leads transformation efforts; owns transformation plan against the organization initiatives that touch people and culture
- Researches and brings latest practices in market to leadership team to inform practices
- Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate; articulates clear and compelling storylines that drive action
- Structures and monitors the work of multiple groups and projects; Partners closely with Finance to drive the right strategic decisions and investments, including the annual planning process
- Works in partnership and as a trusted thought leader with leaders to inform and influence business and the related people strategies
Who you are
- 10+ years of strategy consulting and human resources practices with knowledge of apparel, retail, customer and digital. Experience with a product company preferred. Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- Demonstrated success in transforming processes at a Fortune 500 company or comparative organization
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis and demonstrate thought leadership
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including operating systems development, large scale cost improvements, and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player; ability to work effectively with senior executives
- Strong communications and presentation skills; desire and ability to work in a matrixed organization; advanced project management skills
- Experience as an Engagement Manager or Case Leader in a major consulting firm
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs