About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to support the teams that are building the next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. You will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us. The Senior Analyst, GapTech Finance is a critical role responsible for the financial planning, budgeting and analysis of the day to day operations of GapTech. This position will be accountable for financial visibility to the leadership team, the management and reporting of financial goals inclusive of financial accounting, and will assist in driving the implementation and change management of financial and operational processes across the organization. This role will work cross functionally across GapTech and will engage with key stakeholders to help drive fiscal responsibility.
What you'll do
- Coordinate monthly forecast and annual budget submissions, framing up risks and opportunities and presenting them to Finance leadership
- Perform month end close functions and ensure processes are in compliance with Gap Inc accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Contribute to ad hoc decision support needs and strategic financial discussions as required by the Finance leadership
- Partner with key stakeholders to track and align on technology spend, including risks and opportunities to current forecasts, driving spend accountability for business partners
- Introduce new tools, processes, and technology to drive efficiencies for both internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; CPA a plus
- 3-4 years of financial and business analysis preferred (minimum 2 years). Forecast and budgeting experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail is a must for this position
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools. Essbase experience a plus
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of delivery and client satisfaction
- Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view, but also explain the risks and opportunities to that P.O.V.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs