About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The goal for our platform Ecommerce Operations team, with Mission Control at its core, is to provide exceptional customer experiences while enabling our brands to tell their story and sell their products on our digital platform.
The Senior Manager of Ecommerce Operations is responsible for the following areas:
Plan, lead and execute platform-wide initiatives – as our brands share operational, e.g. Distribution Network, Contact Center, technical, e.g. ecommerce platform, and CX, e.g. site checkout, capabilities this leader is a business owner for the shared aspects of our business.
Represent our ecommerce platform, on behalf of Gap Inc. and our brands, to all company functions – As a business leader for our online platform this person works with leaders from other functions, e.g. marketing, supply chain, contact center, IT etc. to get alignment on strategic and operational initiatives impacting the online platform.
Develop strategies to streamline the operational performance of our online community – organizational maturity progresses as the team becomes more proactive in nature; implementing governance and best practices to capitalize on our learnings and experience is key as our digital organization continues growth.
Leverage Analytics to Improve Operational Capabilities - while digital innovation can occur at a breakneck speed, making data-based decisions and creating/tracking clear success criteria is critical to driving changes that our customer cares about and intrinsically values.
What you'll do
- Develops and manages project plans and key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives. Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders
- Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross-functional partners. Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Creates tracks and reports out on project goals, analytics/KPIs and results with an emphasis on improving our customer’s digital experience and the stability of our platform
- Partners with broader digital teams (Mission Control, Personalization, Content Development, Photo Studio) as a key liaison and digital representative for cross functional projects
- Builds and activates proper governance models within digital teams to increase awareness, roadblocks, priorities, and processes
Who you are
- Minimum 3-5 years of Consulting, Retail eCommerce, Retail Project Management, and/or other relevant experience; 5+ years preferred
- Cross functional retail experience (eCommerce, logistics, retail analytics, etc.)
- Fluency in PPT and Excel; adept at analyzing data (additional data platform experiences (Adobe, PowerBI, etc.) a plus) and supporting development of executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and deep dive into details.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to own and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity; ability to drive insights and decisions utilizing multiple inputs and data sources.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Experience working closely with multiple business functions to influence strategic agendas and operationalize initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Ability to own small projects from strategy through pilot with minimal supervision. Experience leading cross-functional teams with direct and indirect reporting structures.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.