About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Manager of Pricing Strategy will partner with the omni-channel cross-functional team to proactively identify opportunities to improve the product experience and business performance across the pricing ecosystem in the North America market (US, Canada, Mexico)
They will drive execution of new strategies, operationalize decision-making, and evolve culture across teams to stand up lasting change.
They will embrace the procedural rigor required to connect people, cut through the noise, and proactively solve problems as they surface.
They will do so with a high degree of autonomy and personal accountability while understanding how decisions that we make impact customer behavior and business profitability, with a bias for action focused toward:
- Competitive Patterning
- Consumer Insights
- Optimizing Discount Speed
- Basket Analysis
What you'll do
- Operate within the intersection of Customer, Market, and Economics lenses to:
- Support Divisional Merchandising teams across divisions by providing redical transparency of ticket price arthitectural status-quo across the product divisions and categories.
- Drive clarity in the 'family' value proposition by connecting with leaders, listening to needs, and sharing facts.
- Own the cross-channel performance evaluation of key pricing initiatives, how they impact the overall omni business, along with actions needed to capture opportunity or mitigate risk vs. financial forecasts.
- Connect the Finance and Marketing Effectiveness orgs with how product decisions have impacted the effectiveness of marketing and financial performance.
- Educate the Product orgs on how discount being spent either improves or inhibits the effectiveness of the marketing commercial plan.
- Identify white space in the market, size the opportunity, and follow through with a bias for action.
Who you are
- Operate with a high degree of personal accountability + autonomy to follow through with what you say you will do. Bias for action is critical.
- Thrive in ambiguity and operate with agility. Waterfall approaches to process and problem solving will not support the needs of the business.
- Understand the needs and challenges of our internal customers. Previous experience working in apparel retail Merchandising, Buying, or Merchandise Planning teams is highly desirable.
- Have a willingness to learn and be wrong. You must be able to speak with candor, listen for understanding, and receive feedback with humility.
- Communicate with humility. You will be eager to share opportunities + results with leadership, and follow through in the details with individual contributors across the org.
- Be willing and able to manipulate very large data sets, interpret patterns and learnings, and communicate succinctly. You might not be able to do this on Day 1, but you will embrace the details and effort needed to learn and do this consistently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Be motivated by opportunity for personal growth. Opportunity in this role is high, but the path is paved with effort.
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience identifying opportunitites and driving actions in apparel, retail, beauty, or CPG environments.
- BA/BA Degree required. Preferred emphasis on business, supply chain, mathematics, industrial engineering, or economics.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs