About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc. is looking to add a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join its dynamic and team-oriented legal team. Come join us! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to play a key role in corporate governance, subsidiary maintenance, ’33 and ’34 Act reporting, and strategic transactions work. You are extremely organized, tech savvy and proactive, with a desire to learn and grow. You are customer-focused, collaborate well with team members and cross-functional business partners, and have experience working directly with outside counsel. If you are a self-directing, highly organized, strategically thinking, and detail oriented individual with a get-it-done attitude, this job is for you. You will be based out of Gap Inc.’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Senior Counsel on the Corporate and Finance Law team.
What you'll do
- Assist with general corporate governance, including preparing agendas, minutes and resolutions, and maintaining minute books and corporate records.
- Help drive processes, timelines and tracking around Gap Inc. board meetings and deliverables. Assist in organizing and overseeing annual shareholder meetings.
- Manage corporate compliance processes. Suggest and implement process improvements and otherwise assist where needed in other aspects of the legal team. Conduct benchmarking and related research, as needed.
- Work alongside the team to effectively support Gap Inc. with its multinational subsidiary corporate governance, including corporate records and database management, filing domestic annual reports with secretary of states, and any other corporate governance needs related to subsidiary governance.
- Support Gap Inc.’s subsidiary entity structure, including legal entity formation, dissolution and transactional work for dozens of subsidiaries.
- Provide support for, including preparing and filing, NYSE and SEC filings (including proxy statements, registration statements, Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, and SD).
- Support M&A and other strategic transactions, including providing support and project management for due diligence, data rooms, and preparing and organizing deal documents.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, ideally at both a top-tier law firm supporting a corporate transactional practice and in-house at a public company supporting corporate transactional work and public company reporting. Bachelor’s degree preferred. This is a non-attorney role. Commissioned Notary Public is a plus.
- Experience supporting SEC public company reporting, and owning legal entity management are must-haves. International legal entity management experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in a Corporate Secretary’s Office, preferred.
- You are an effective oral and written communicator. You have strong attention to detail—you sweat the small stuff and strive to get it right the first time, every time. Team player who manages well under pressure.
- You have a growth mindset, with a desire to learn and find better ways to accomplish your work.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and teams on multiple projects at once.
- You are adept at technology, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. You know when to use a pivot table or a vlookup, and know how to use Teams, Sharepoint and OneDrive to collaborate efficiently. Experience with wDesk, entity management databases (GEMS) and the EDGAR filing portal is a plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs