About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Perform core Industrial Engineering functions including, but not limited to work design & measurement, time/motion studies, GROW plan maintenance, process flow analyses and improvements, conceptual process and material handling design.
While defined as an individual contributor role the engineer will lead small teams involved in project and continuous improvement efforts. They will also serve as coaches to supervisors as part of the GROW incentive plan. Industrial Engineers are expected to lead small to medium projects in the network that are budgeted less than $1MM.
What you'll do
- Perform core Industrial Engineering functions including, but not limited to work design & measurement, time/motion studies, Grow plan maintenance, process flow analyses and improvements, conceptual process and material handling design
- Demonstrate strong warehouse operations knowledge at the functional level of detail
- Create capacity models, tools and templates for analyses, measurement and reporting
- Provide analytical support on projects during conceptual/evaluation phase for design, capacity planning, and benefits analysis
- Develop database models to simulate operations and estimate impacts to throughput and/or storage capacities due to business changes
- Understand and quantify differences between physical and operating capacities within distribution facilities
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in Industrial Engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Manhattan Associates Labor Management Software
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of distribution methods and operating systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs