About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an Old Navy Graphic Designer in Toddler, you are the graphics engine of the team creating fun, optimistic, original, and visually eclectic artwork on a seasonal basis under the direction of the Senior graphic designer. You are also involved in the graphic’s entire product life cycle which includes—but not limited to--inspiration research, graphic production, building compelling presentations, and cross functional partnership at every step.
What you'll do
- Create world-class on-trend apparel graphics that support Old Navy seasonal brand messages and align with divisional design concepts. Design into seasonal concepts that consider merchant roadmap, cost targets and consumer insight information.
- Understand and assist in identifying graphic trends and provide analysis through online/in-store research, as well as gather relevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to shifting aesthetic trends. Assist Senior graphic designer in communicating these trends to cross functional partners.
- Own categories within the division, driving their creative concepts and presentations to team leaders.
- Identify opportunities for newness and innovation.
- Present graphic executions to cross functional partners during product reviews.
- Clearly communicate with factories and apparel design partners.
- Review production samples to ensure quality and accurate execution of product.
- Work with team to ensure all graphic and production reviews are well documented and clear action items are elevated and addressed.
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files against seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Graphic Designer role is 70% concept & creation and 30% production & tactical.
Who you are
- 5+ years of diverse apparel graphics experience
- Excellent illustrator and typographer who can create work in eclectic styles digitally
- Excellent knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong collaborative, time management, communication, and organization skills
- Strong knowledge of apparel graphics production (e.g.: printing methods, capabilities, techniques, etc.)
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs