About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role you serve as a key member of the Corporate FP&A team, responsible for the company-wide monthly forecast process. This position will work with brands and corporate areas to develop the company’s financial plan, and work to support messaging to key stakeholders, including the CFO and Board of Directors. This position also plays an important role in analyzing business trends and proactively communicating them to senior management.
What you'll do
- Lead the monthly Gap Inc forecasting process through coordination/communication of deliverables, close partnership with brands/functions and consolidation of financial projections
- Identify key drivers/business trends in brand/function performance and proactively communicate them to senior management
- Enhance existing Corporate Finance dashboards and trend reporting to deliver data driven insights to cross functional leaders and business partners
- Provide financial/business support to CFO, Treasury and Investor Relations
- Develop presentations for the Board, Executive Leadership Team and Finance Leadership Team
- Engage with Senior Management to develop financial performance targets
- Report to Director, Corporate FP&A and develop and manage 2 direct reports
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses keen attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Driven by a fast-paced and collaborative environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- 5+ years of experience in finance, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility, and with track record of developing and managing a team. Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field, MBA, CFA, or CPA a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs