About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This is a FP&A role that is responsible for managing store labor (the largest expense item on the brand’s P&L) for Banana Republic Specialty stores in North America. This includes traditional budget, forecast and close responsibilities as well as providing strategic and analytical support for various ad hoc initiatives and proactively identifying opportunities along with recommendations. This position reports directly to the Labor Strategy Manager on the Field Finance team and frequently interacts with both headquarters and field leadership.
What you'll do
- Effectively manage Store Payroll and Benefits expenses for the fleet and own development and communication of monthly financial forecasts/close that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management.
- Develop the annual budget and long-range plans for Store Payroll and benefits that meet all FP&A; requirements, are aligned with BR strategies, and incorporate input from key business partners.
- Provide strategic direction and analytical support for new and different ways of managing labor in a constantly changing business environment.
- Partner with Manager and various Field and HQ business partners to support, analyze and pilot various labor related initiatives.
- Identify key drivers of risk and opportunity and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities.
- Completely own, understand and manage the labor model, ensuring it has the highest level of data integrity (e. g. store attributes, time standards, weekly forecast and budget data inputs). Partner with IT to implement updates on functionality or enhancements and ensure the model is functioning properly and archived records are maintained.
- Own weekly responsibilities: hindsight reporting, loading weekly forecast workload drivers, and preparing and delivering of store level staffing reports.
Who you are
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field. CPA or MBA a plus
- FP&A experience including: forecasting, month-end close and budgeting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a cohesive framework
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and work collaboratively with functional partners
- Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other groups, as necessary
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Hyperion Essbase experience a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs