About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a maintenance technician, you’ll be responsible for preventative upkeep and repairs to forklifts, conveyors and general warehouse equipment. You will identify and troubleshoot complex mechanical and technical failures and complete equipment moves and installations including electrical, pneumatic and hydraulics.
Benefits include: Best-in-class health and safety standards, a climate-controlled environment and a generous merchandise discount for our brands.
What you'll do
- Perform basic facility repairs and mechanical repairs on equipment while maintaining a PIV license.
- Effectively utilize all maintenance shop equipment including mig and arc welding, torch, drill press and grinders.
- Provide training for technicians and work within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
- Support best-in-class safety standards.
- Collaborate with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
Who you are
- Understanding of basic electrical skills including the ability to use a voltage meter, verifying circuits are de-energized for lighting system repair and repair of damaged or defective equipment in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain our state-of-the-art technology in a fast paced environment.
- Must have knowledge of the assigned warehouse technology and process flow, including the use of interfaces and control panels, while enabling safe operation and maintenance.
- Must have understanding and ability to perform functions associated with Building Management Systems (BMS) and tasks associated with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CCMS).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs