About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Bilingual French Email Chat specialist to assist customers from all of our Gap brands. The ideal candidate has an upbeat, positive attitude with a desire to please customers. In this role, you are required to identify customers’ needs and resolve questions that may arise. Customer complaints may require research and investigation to reach resolution through the email and live chat channels. You’ll be expected to provide exceptional customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved in both written and verbal format.
• Support customers by responding to inbound email and chat and phone support as needed.
• Consistently ensure world class customer service that fully supports Gap Inc. brand promises in written and verbal format.
• Achieve all effectiveness and efficiency metrics, including Email Handle Time (EHT), Chat Handle Time (CHT), Chat Wrap Up, Phone Handle Time (PHT), Quality and Voice of the Customer (VOC), Schedule Compliance, and Unavailable time.
• Develop/present customer service solutions and/or suggest additional items, cross sell, up sell to increase customer satisfaction and enhance customer relationships.
• Goal-driven; consistently and effectively manage time to achieve optimal efficiency while utilizing resources and business partners to research and resolve customer issues.
• Provide customers with first contact resolution and create a low-effort customer experience.
Who you are
Must be fluent in English as well as speaking, reading and writing in French.
High school Diploma or GED
2 years of customer service (preferably in a call center environment); 1 year experience with email and/or chat
Strong computer, customer service, analytical, and troubleshooting skills (including Microsoft Office suite, Zoom, internet browsers and Salesforce)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver customer service in writing
Ability to listen attentively and to use information provided by customers to tailor responses and actions to meet the customers' specific needs
Keyboard typing skills of 40+ words per minute
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs