About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are home grown, and we therefore collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a PdM I, you will work with your product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out the customer experience. You will collaborate with dependent product teams to ensure that the end to end implementation journey is thorough and thoughtful. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software.
The role requires a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity, and technical knowledge. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about the customer’s journey while striving to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts.
What you'll do
- Manages feature level roadmaps; Identifies user journey for product and maps out pain points
- Prepare backlog for engineering teams, participate in agile ceremonies, performs feature testing, and lead demos
- Builds relationships with product teams and key brand partners and other brand stakeholders; Learns functional partners language
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to external products.
- Participate in Hindsighting with stakeholders to understand opportunities to continue to evolve the ways or working overtime
- Identifies and escalates conflicts impacting collaboration and decision making
- Effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected stakeholders
Who you are
- 2-3 years of work experience required, with experience in the retail industry preferred, but not required
- Experience with complex scope to support business transformation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization; Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results-focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs