About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans — and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites, and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, eCommerce marketplaces, wholly-owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.'s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally, including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo, we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data, and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact, all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us
This role requires wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts paired with company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. They lead and collaborate across product teams for planning and decision-making. They balance delivery objectives with organizational initiatives. They network with key contacts outside their own area of expertise and have cross-team and cross-domain influence to deliver a quality product.
What you'll do
- Provide leadership and guidance to Software Engineers, leading analysis and reviews of technical specification for completeness based on interpretation of functional requirements
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of the business process, implications underlying critical applications and systems
- Partners in key & complex interactions with BSAs, Product Managers, Solution Architects, and Business Customers, and Corporate functions. Executive guidance in Discovery and Explore to define, analyze, and estimate level of effort to deliver customer's technical requirements
- Collaborate with Team Leadership to escalate productivity bottlenecks and recommend solutions to address them
- Reviews technical input to Statement of Work for External Service Providers. Ability to develop prototypes for medium to large-sized initiatives. Reviews and approves External Service Providers prototypes that demonstrate technical alternatives
- Knowledge of a medium to large size functional area or a component of a functional area (e.g., Point-of-Sale, eCommerce, Fulfillment/Warehouse Systems, Financial systems, inventory management, Order Management, Business Tools, Analytics, etc.)
- Conducts development & design reviews and identify opportunities for improvement. Provide leadership guidance to other software engineers.
Who you are
- 8+- years of Software development experience preferably in the Payment domain
- Proficient and Hands-on) experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring IP Integration, Messaging – Kafka / MQ/RabbitMQ, Microservices and security tools like Apigee, PingFederate, OAuth and OIDC.
- Experience with building solutions geared towards CI/CD and DevOps methodology. Familiarity with DevOps tools like Splunk, ServiceNow, New Relic, and PagerDuty. Experience supporting the critical application and triaging issues in a timely fashion.
- Exposure to cloud environments – Azure, AWS, GCloud, and Oracle Cloud and familiarity with architectures to harness cloud offerings for the deployment of high resiliency services.
- Experience working with Architects and Product Management to flush out solutions, designs, and dependencies. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive solution delivery.
- Proficient in System Design, Technical Design, and code reviews. Relevant experience in performant coding practices to develop code for low latency and high volume.
- Experience with developing solutions with scalability in mind and delivering quality code to be deployed in a low touch operational environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs