About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
A person in this role has a full understanding of their area of specialization and resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. They are able to successfully lead and collaborate in teams for planning and decision making. They demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. They normally receive little instruction on day-to-day work but may require general instruction on new assignments.
What you'll do
- Leads the technical aspects of customer and Payment requirements
- Conducts code & design reviews with other team members (either internal or external service providers)
- Reviews understand and recommend updates to Gap coding and technical design standards and practices.
- Collaborates with architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
- Collaborate with Product Management and External Service Providers to ensure SLA’s for medium to high complexity applications are being set properly and met.
- Works on enhancement requests from Product Managers. Partners with external service providers to complete this work as appropriate.
- Ability to work with multiple 3rd party payments vendors and design a unified Gaptech Payment gateway to support a highly volume transactional environment.
- Designs lead and manage facilitation and team-mobilization, kick-off, planning, problem-solving session.
- Mentors Level I and Level II Software Engineers towards achieving command of the skills necessary to perform the above tasks at the expert
- Researches and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution
Who you are
- Ability to design, and review medium to high complexity business problems and product management stories.
- Ability to develop software for medium to large complexity business problems within a project framework. Assist external service providers in technical specifications and development as appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business processes across multiple Brands business and Corporate customers
- Recognized as an expert/go-to person for areas of expertise
- In case of third party package software, has the demonstrated ability to convert business processes into software package configuration and customization
- Deep experience and knowledge in team development and collaboration
- Prior Payments experience preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs