For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is looking for a Senior Merchandiser who will further strengthen Athleta’s pillars by way of collaborating with leading brands in fashion & luxury and provide an unparalleled customer experience. This person will be a member of the Athleta Merchandising Team and will be responsible for driving results in a high growth business. This individual is responsible for merchandising the assortment into concepts that support key items, strategies and current trends. The Senior Merchandiser will prioritize tasks to support and drive these divisional strategies and financial targets by working with multiple cross-functional partners.
Driving Competitive Growth
What you'll do
- Propose and deliver best-in-class collaboration opportunities to drive brand growth and awareness
- An obsession with current brand landscape and ability to translate to Athleta DNA
- Complete seasonal market insights and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with the Inventory Planning Team on key items, market trends, and comp sales
- Develop in-depth customer knowledge and identify new product opportunities
- Lead product cross-functional team through key milestones and long-range assortment planning
- Influence pipeline process to help drive efficiency in product growth initiatives
- Drive communication related to assortment strategies to all stakeholders and ensure a consistent premium-category customer experience
Product and Brand Management
- Work with Design team to develop and critique the assortment including silhouette, print, graphic and color selection.
- Own and drive Critical Path to drive Product range development
- Participate in weekly fittings with bottom-line responsibility of style adoption and execution.
- Set target costs and negotiate product cost pricing, minimums, and delivery.
- Support corporate quality expectations
- For Size Exclusive styles, develop market positioning by program and style. Communicate style attributes including fit, performance, fabric, features and benefits.
- Work with Creative Team to execute compelling marketing media
- Manage the sample receipt process with a goal of on-time delivery
Who you are
- College Degree - BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Merchandising
- 5+ years industry experience in Women's apparel, including merchandising, product development and private label background
- Strong eye for relevant and brand-appropriate product
- Project management, analytical and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong understanding of Women's apparel market and trends, performance experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work with diverse partners
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs