About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Change Management team is part of the Product Management (PdM) group. The PdM group designs, creates, and implements technology business solutions that maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
The Change Management team facilitates the people side of change across Gap, Inc. by enabling adoption and sustainability of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc.
The Director of Change Management will focus on enabling and measuring sustainable change for these implementations leveraging the Change Management Operating Model, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed for business processes, systems and technology and job roles. The primary responsibility will be executing Prosci-based change management strategies that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
This role will oversee our Product Creation and Sourcing space. It will directly manage internal and external change and instructional design resources and will lead the change management strategy and implementation across multiple projects and geographies at a time. Key stakeholders include Product Management, Business Leaders across Inc (including our Hong Kong sourcing offices, vendors, mills), Learning & Development, and GapTech.
To be effective in this role, a candidate must possess change management skills, have proven experience as a leader and strategic thinker, and exemplify effective communication and planning skills. An understanding of retail product operations and sourcing is a plus.
What you'll do
- Oversees, develops, and executes comprehensive change management strategies for technology program-level initiatives across multiple projects in our Global Product Creation and Sourcing space at Gap Inc. This includes deliverables such as impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, sponsor roadmaps, and plans across communication, coaching, training, resistance management, sustainability, and measurement for adoption.
- Manages a team of change managers and external contractors to deliver against priorities; ensure the team has clear communication of project scope, timing, prioritization, resources needed, and progress on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for managing the business of change for their space; working with product management to understand project pipeline, maintaining critical relationships with stakeholders, working to secure needed resources, ensuring clear status and communication with program teams.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and leadership. Works as a coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams. Inspires stakeholders to be change agents for the program and drives accountability.
- Cultivates partnership, idea sharing, active listening, and advocacy with peers (business leaders, product management, and stakeholders), facilitating new connections and relationship building.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency and accountability to drive multiple projects to successful adoption; a critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks, develop mitigation strategies, and proactively address.
- Provides leadership and drives collaboration and improvements within the broader Change Management team
Who you are
- 10+ years of work experience, minimum with 3-6 years in a leadership capacity managing direct reports.
- Solid foundation understanding and experience with change management principles, methodologies, and tools. Prosci certified a strong plus
- Ability to understand stakeholders/end users across multiple functions, geographic locations, and countries. Experience in creating and executing communication and training plans across multiple countries. Experience in the sourcing space a plus (product creation, vendors, mills, production, sourcing).
- Experience implementing change efforts across multiple high complexity technology projects with multiple organizations simultaneously. Exposure to process a plus.
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, offer solutions, identify resources, build relationships, and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Build and evolve teams – passionate about hiring, developing, and coaching of entry-level through senior change managers.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs