About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsible for running payroll jobs and managing the Enterprise Payroll and Human Resource system for Gap Inc. This position also acts as a liaison with the Information Technology (IT) Department on matters related to payroll processing, including but not limited to upgrades, testing, reporting and business process development and implementation. This role requires a high level of awareness regarding policies and procedures related to confidentiality of data, authorized company approval guidelines, and proper handling and storage of company documents.This role also communicates with all levels of management, up to a Senior Director, and including outside vendors.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for running payroll jobs and managing the PeopleSoft system
- Develop and support proprietary solutions (including database development and administration) to meet business needs
- Analyze, coordinate, and maintain system testing, exercising system expertise and knowledge to lead assigned staff in successful completion of project or upgrade
- Strong focus on developing and delivering results through measurement, analysis, and improvement to deliver results while eliminating inefficiencies
- Provide guidance to payroll staff on the system methodologies, practices, concepts related to the departments’ work to deliver a timely and accurate payroll. This includes support in the use of the payroll system, training, preparation, research, multistate taxes, reporting and processing of payroll transactions
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
Who you are
- Strong organizational, follow up, analytical skills and excellent customer service skills
- Requires an understanding of Microsoft Office suite with PC application knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a diverse team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Embraces change and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Must exhibit a growth mindset and a desire to improve; responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting a plus;3 years of Payroll experience and 5 years of applicable business experience required; experience with People Soft Queries and HR/Payroll Enterprise applications strongly preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs