About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The IT Administrator I works in a Distribution/Fulfillment Center environment. This role monitors and controls computing systems and associated peripheral devices to ensure continuous and effective operation; determines equipment setup and procedures for running such equipment. This role is a generalist for support needs for the business operations.
What you'll do
- Provide second-level technical support to internal customers’ workstations, peripherals, RF devices, Thin Clients and associated systems.
- Resolve reported problems related to hardware, operating systems, applications, security/software updates, materials handling systems, and configuration issues.
- Utilize technical knowledge and understanding of end-user and infrastructure systems to work on projects and participate on technical project teams.
- Understand customer group’s objectives and how their work can help the business realize its goals or, in the event of problems, adversely affect their productivity.
- Support the installation of new end-user and infrastructure systems and upgrades.
- Create or modify procedures to solve problems, some of which may have no existing policies or processes.
- Interface with all levels of IT management in business terms.
Who you are
- Proven quality analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven history of consistent execution of delegated work and quality performance within a team.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and analyze problems effectively.
- Possess Operating Systems troubleshooting skills in: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux operating systems and mobile platforms.
- Experience in hardware troubleshooting skills: PC, MAC, Mobile Devices, Thermal label printers, HP / Dell / Ricoh / Xerox printers, IP Networks, RF Devices, thin clients and Wireless
- 3 years of current IT Support Experience. Prior Warehouse Operations and Enterprise environment Technical Support a plus
- Basic industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification or education preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs