About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing, Creative & Production Content Marketing, drives strategic initiatives, competitive advantage and value creation across our Gap Inc brands (Gap, Old Navy, Athleta, Banana Republic, Janie & Jack and Intermix). The Senior Manager will identify new opportunities for savings, best in class marketing and process improvement. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally, that result in on-going strategic partnerships. The Senior Manager may also mentor and/or lead junior team members to support their career development.
What you'll do
- Lead, manage and execute through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (category management, supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions (Marketing, Legal, Finance, etc) and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader category teams in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
- Develop and empower talent: by coaching and mentoring junior team members on both technical and soft skills
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise in the following categories (ie. Marketing, Creative Agencies, Production Companies, Talent, Public Relations, etc)
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: experience leading complex projects and categories, to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience/Education: 7 + years professional experience in marketing, strategic sourcing, management consulting, or account team managmenet. Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs