INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Associate Designer will join the Intermix Design, Merchandising and Product Development team and collaborate with the Design Director, Knitwear Design Team and Knitwear Tech Team, on product development. The Associate Designer will be hands on throughout the entire production timeline, and help to support the design calendar to develop, design, and execute private label merchandise for the Intermix Brand direct and retail channels.
What you'll do
Partner with Designers to research market for relevant trends, yarns, stitches and trims and provide support to the Knitwear Design Team in the creative development and execution of new product.
Develop key trends and seasonal theme direction for silhouette and yarns appropriate to the sweaters and fine gauge knitwear classifications and for the Intermix brand for collaboration with the Merchant Team.
Assist in the preparation of sketches for product line selection and flat line drawings for use in technical packages, and work on stitch pattern layouts appropriate for the season.
Initiate and set up first proto tech packages and design development line sheet to facilitate initial sampling, updating all information yarns throughout the design process from first proto to SMS sample presentation.
In partnership with Designers and Knitwear Tech Team, evaluate all first proto samples for fit, stitch and yarn tensions. Update sketches, yarn info and stitch layouts for final design samples.
Communicate with factory vendors for sample yarn ordering, work with mills for Yarn Detail Sheets, set up and maintain yarn chart for the season to track sample yarns.
Maintain and update Design Boards and follow development calendar to track design samples closely to ensure all deadlines are met to help prepare for sample presentations
Who you are
- College Degree - BS/BA in Apparel/Knitwear Design & 2+ years’ experience in Knitwear – sweaters and fine gauge knitwear experience a must
- Strong understanding of yarns, stitches & sweater , knitwear design
- Hands on design experience, flat sketching ability & illustration skills a plus
- Strong organizational Skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other CAD software
- Fashion influencer - ability to interpret trend appropriate for the Intermix customer
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional team environment
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs