About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role requires wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts paired with company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. They lead and collaborate across product teams for planning and decision making. They balance delivery objectives with organizational initiatives. They network with key contacts outside their own area of expertise and have cross-team and cross-domain influence to deliver a quality product.
What you'll do
- Provides leadership and guidance to Software Engineers, leading analysis and reviews of technical specification for completeness based on interpretation of functional requirements
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of the business process and implications underlying critical applications and systems
- Partners in key & complex interactions with BSAs, Product Managers, Solution Architects, and Business Customers. Define, analyze, and estimate level of effort to deliver robust technical solutions to customer requirements
- Works with team leadership to escalate productivity bottlenecks and recommend solutions to address them
- Reviews technical input to Statement of Work for External Service Providers. Ability to develop prototypes for medium to large-sized initiatives. Reviews and approves External Service Providers prototypes that demonstrate technical alternatives
- Responsibility for a medium to large sized functional area, or a significant component of a functional area
- Conducts development & design reviews and identifies opportunities for improvement. Provides mentorship and leadership guidance to other software engineers.
Who you are
- 8+ years of software development experience preferably in the Ecommerce domain including checkout and bag
- Proficient and hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Integration, Spring Scheduler, NodeJS, JSP, Messaging – Kafka /MQ/RabbitMQ, DB technologies – Oracle and No SQL (Mongo/Cosmos DB), Microservices efficiency and security tools like Apigee, PingFederate, OAuth and OIDC implementations.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps methodology as well as tools like Splunk, Service Now, New Relic, and Pager Duty. Experience supporting critical Production applications and triaging issues in a timely fashion
- Experience with Public Cloud – Azure, AWS, GCP or Oracle Cloud - and familiarity with leveraging PaaS services and architecture is a major plus
- Experience working with Architects and Product Management to design, develop scalable solutions, and work through cross-product dependencies. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive solution delivery
- Proficient with system and technical design principles, and performant coding practices to develop code for low latency and high volume. Understanding of security best-practices is a must.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs